The CETAF Digitisation Working Group Wiki
The Digitisation Working Group is one of the Working Groups within the Consortium of Taxonomic Facilities (CETAF).
The CETAF Digitisation working group will collaborate and work together to share experiences of digitisation to increase our capacity to carry out digitisation of our collections in the widest sense, including archives, libraries and natural history collections. In addition to acting as a place to share information on digitisation it will also discuss and promote potential projects which CETAF members will be invited to join in funding bids. The working group is set up to run longer than the usual 3 to 5 year projects and will act as a bridge and continuum within CETAF between projects across both the periods between projects and between concurrently running projects.
• To share information on current digitisation activities.
• To share ideas for future projects.
• To share methods and tools for digitisation.
• To maximise information flow and minimise duplication of work by keeping in contact with other digitisation initiatives outside Europe.
• To act as a long-term link between 3-5 year projects with significant digitisation elements which CETAF members are partners after the projects come to an end.
Functioning, communications and meetings
• Regular reporting to CETAF at general meeting.
• Communication and exchange of ideas via email or Skype.
• Hosting of shared documents via the new CETAF website.
• Ad hoc meetings, including at venues were members are meeting for other reasons for example at CETAF general meetings, TDWG meetings, SPNHC.
• The group will convene for as long as it is needed within the framework of CETAF.